Monday, September 2, 2013

Identical Twins Take 2

 So here is the second take of the 'Identical Twins' project with many improvements. The original post was a first run through to block out he action. Here I go for more personality defining the characters in more detail.

 The parts I think benefit most from these changes are the snatch and grab where there"s a nice anticipation action and reaction as well as overlapping action and flexibility in the characters. And where the more pushy one holds the sharpener out of the more anxious one's reach. I think you really get to see the personality there in the timing, with the one having a fast timing but a soft accent to his actions and the other having a relatively slow timing to its actions but a harder accent with a rebound.

 The only part I still feel could be better is the very end where the more mousy green blob gets his sharpener back and runs off with it. I also think there could maybe be more holds. I have an urge to put holds during the snatch and grab, because I think it goes by too fast... so maybe just a 3 or 5 frame hold? I want to reserve longer 8+ frame holds for the big story points. I think I did an okay job anticipating these story points though.

 If anyone would like to leave feed back it would be really helpful, Thank you!

What I would really like to know is how well I balanced out the action of the two characters? When one is moving; is the other still alive but not overpowering the scene?

No comments:

Post a Comment